Favaretti Group wins the tender for the restoration of six plants of the Municipality of Padua
Last September six new facilities of the Municipality of Padua were inaugurated, after being restored and made energy efficient thanks to the works carried out by Favaretti Group.
After winning the tender, the Municipality of Padua commissioned us the restoration and energy efficiency works for six existing tensile structures, built in laminated wood, with outer fabric and used for different sport disciplines: the Nativitas sports facilities, the arch structure in via Bettini, the Valsugana Volley facilities in via Edrone, the structure with a football field in via Vermigli, the multipurpose facility in via Vlacovich, the structure with a football field in via Schiavone.
The project’s objective and steps
The project’s objective was to give new life to outdated and inefficient facilities. In order to reach the requested result, we worked on several fronts and followed all the phases of the projects, including:
- removal of the PVC (vinyl) covering;
- inspection of the existing arches;
- construction of new laminated wood header, to replace the oblique headers with vertical headers;
- installation of a roofing with insulated panels on the cylinder, walls and headers of each single structure;
- addition of headers in blind insulated panel and in semi transparent polycarbonate;
- refurbishment of the flooring and lighting (where necessary);
- supply of high performance cutting-edge heating machines with insulation.
The restoration resulted in several advantages, and many more will come in the future: those structures that were outdated have been given back to the community with a pleasant and modern look (resulting also in advantages in terms of usability), but the long-terms benefits will concern above all energy saving and a lower environmental impact deriving from the efficiency improvement works.
A project we are notably proud of, since it gave us the chance to give our contribution to the improvement of some sports facilities in our own territory, and because it was carried out in a particularly complicated year. Despite all the difficulties that have characterized the year that is now coming to an end, these and other projects we have been working on in 2020 gave us the chance to make some of the departments of our company grow, to improve and to be able to look at the future with unchanged optimism.